I’ve been inspired by all of the nice notes of thanks on Facebook this month. There is truly so much to be thankful for. I’m not always someone who is good about stopping what I am doing to say thanks so I feel it important to articulate my thanks today.
1. I am thankful for Andy. I am so lucky to have a partner in this game of life who I love and respect and enjoy hanging out with. When I say partner I mean true partner and for that I am also thankful. He cooks, he cleans, he excels in all areas of raising our children except for doing hair. He inspires me, he challenges me, he takes care of me. I’ll say it again because it deserves the emphasis, I am lucky and thankful for Andy.
2. I am thankful for our oldest daughter, Belén, who is growing into such a little girl. I love to hear her thoughts through questions, imaginative play and simple conversation. She is growing smarter, braver, taller and more beautiful every day and we enjoy every second with her.
3. I am thankful for our youngest daughter, Eloise, the comedian, and lover of purple and Cinderella. I love her independence and determination to do everything herself and watching her quickly become surprisingly self-sufficient. Among other things, I love her energy and this little look she gives you when she is trying to be stubborn but also wants to laugh.
4. I am thankful for my mom and all that she does for our kids and our family. From making gorgeous Halloween costumes to organizing Sunday brunch, we are so thankful for everything.
5. I am thankful for my sister, Anna. She’s smart and fun and I value her judgment and our kids love spending time with her. I’m thankful for her husband, Derik as well and always enjoy hanging out and talking with him.
6. I am thankful for my dad and proud of him for his new “retirement” job which he will be transitioning to next year.
7. I am thankful for inheriting another wonderful family when I married Andy and for the fact that our families get along really well together. There are few families I know of who can have Thanksgiving dinner with both of their parents and talk openly and honestly while enjoying themselves. We are one of those families and I feel so fortunate for Ray, Eileen, Chrissy and Erin.
8. I am thankful for having a rewarding job that I both enjoy and am challenged by. I love my new company and am learning so much and am so glad I was brave enough to make the change.
9. I am thankful for this year of exploration induced by a running injury causing me to rethink how I want to exercise and eat in the future. I’ve discovered high intensity, circuit-like training, yoga and eating Paleo and I feel like I’m in the best shape of my life.
10. I’m thankful for living in Boise. I can’t imagine a better place to raise kids and especially love the friendly people, easy access to nature and sampling of everything bigger cities have but in small portions (ballet, Shakespeare Festival, etc.)
11. I’m thankful for our house as I love it, but I will also be very thankful when we sell it so we can move to the other house we fell in love with.
12. I’m thankful for the opportunity to be a mother. We almost didn’t make a decision to have kids and it would have been the biggest regret of my life. Seeing life through the eyes of your own kids is something that is so special and I am eternally grateful for the opportunity.
13. I’m thankful that my car is still running even though the check engine light has been on for months. We’re hoping that the car will run until the truck is paid off.
14. I’m thankful for so many amazing friends in my life. I don’t always get to see them as much as I would like but I am thankful nonetheless.
15. I’m thankful for my workout buddy, Allison, who inspires me to get out of bed and meet her at the gym and to work harder when we are there.
16. I’m thankful for Sage who I haven’t seen in ages but know that the minute we do see each other, nothing will have changed and we can then solve the world’s problems.
17. I’m thankful for Lindsay and her years of friendship and because she always knows what is going on and remembers to ask how things went even when I don’t reciprocate.
18. I’m thankful for the Campbell’s as their kids are the same age as ours and we love to hang out together and couldn’t ask for better people to spend weekend nights with.
19. I’m thankful for Edenn, my friend and our realtor, as she keeps us informed about what is going on with the sale of our house.
20. I’m thankful for health and happiness. I’m oh so thankful for health and happiness!
21. I’m thankful for all of the traveling we have been able to do thus far in our lives. I feel so fortunate for the treasure trove of travel memories and photos and am always anxious to go on our next trip.
22. I’m thankful for all of you blog readers. Thanks for coming back here day after day, month after month and year after year. You inspire me to keep writing which is something that I love to do, but wouldn’t do if y’all weren’t reading.
23. I’m thankful for being able to pursue a career and raise a family. It is not easy to do both but it is very rewarding.
24. I’m thankful to have enough money to provide for our family.
25. I’m thankful for technology. I use it way too much to not include it on this list.
26. I’m thankful to have so many people in my life I can learn from. We are all evolving because of our collective knowledge that we share with one another.
27.I’m thankful for music and fun. Life would be so much less interesting without both of them.
28. I’m thankful for SO many other things and people that I want to call out explicitly but I would be here writing for 86 hours. I am a fortunate person to have a wonderful family, amazing friends/neighbors/co-workers/etc, a nice place to live, incredible food on the table, a great job and a life full of amazing experiences. Thank you!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!